Camp Stella Maris, located in Livonia, NY on the shores of Conesus Lake, has a long history dating back to 1929. The camp’s signature building, the “Big House,” was no longer able to support the needs of the camp and was slated for replacement. HBT Architects was hired to develop a master plan for the entire camp, and design the new “Big House” (later named The “Wegman House”) in that context.
HBT led a design charrette to gain both insight and buy-in from stakeholders: staff, volunteers, and alumni. The success of this day-long event has been the catalyst for many changes throughout the Camp.
The new Wegman House provides meeting / training spaces, sleeping rooms, and living spaces for staff. The building is designed to help Camp increase revenue by providing a high-quality retreat house for area groups during the off-season.